Trek Madone 5.2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

piconner

Can someone with a little more experience take a look at this and see if it's a good deal or I'm way out of line? I just pulled the trigger on this, but haven't paid yet. To me, everything seem to be high quality, but I could be wrong. Looking at the wheels alone, those are $800 wheels. It's also in fantastic condition. I've been looking online for a cheap bike to figure out what I like and don't like, but I've wasted a lot of time doing so and I've gotten nowhere with it. I've decided to ditch that idea and just get the bike that I plan on using for years to come. I have committed to doing a 106 mile race in November with no riding experience and need to start trailing. This bike is listed for 2k, I offered $1,100 and he laughed in my face. He said he'll do $1,900 for it. Here are the specs:

2014 Trek Madone 5.2 (All black)
Frame size 58cm.
Groupo: SRAM Force. 11 SPD.
Crank size: 50/34 175mm
Cassette: Sram Power dome 11/28.
Shifters: Sram Double Tap.
Bars: Bontrager Carbon RXL 42CM
STEM: Bontrager XXX Carbon 90mm.
Saddle: Bontrager Carbon RXL 138.
Wheels: Mercury M5

Any advice is helpful, I just don't want to overpay, which is easy to do when you're new to something. Thank you all!

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Had a Madone 4.9. Fantastic bike, wish I hadn't sold it a couple of years ago. Not sure on the price. Others will have a better idea.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm afraid I've little knowledge of the cycle market in the US and their typical values relative to those in the UK. It's certainly a respected model, but what they sell form your side of the pond is anyone guess.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
When new the 5.2 was £2800 RRP in the UK, your seller is asking for about £1562.18.

I don't know how used bike prices compare to those in the UK but it seems a little high to me for a bike that is three years old. And we don't know how many miles your bike will have done.

However I have ridden the 5.2 very briefly in a shop awhile back and it is a stunning frame I don't know enough about the components to comment, but they all seemed very smooth, I wish I had been able to afford it.

Boon 51

Veteran
My bobs worth... Its a fantastic bike wish I had never sold it, I have even ask the bloke I sold it too if he ever wants to sell it I would buy it back..
As the other posters have said the price is very high, mine was the Ultegra and in the green and white colours..
The other bit I'm not sure about is a Madone 2014 with 11 spd ? The newer model the Emonda has 11spd. He could of upgraded I suppose..
Good luck.

Top Bottom