TREK XO1 2011 Brentford, Ealing, Chisick stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ela

Hi,

As we all really like our bikes and it is so difficult to separate with them... The worst it the disappointment, when you come back to the scene and see, that our baby is not there... Than comes anger, you accept it, than anger again... and then you start to plan how to catch the thief.

Hence I am on this website, trying to find...

...my bike TREK X01 black with white signs TREK accross it. It was stolen from the front of Fontain Leisure Centre near Chiswick, Ealing on 27th of August 2011 between 11am and 2pm. When I left it it had white helmet attached to it. Thiefes cutted the lock and lefted helmet behind. I cannot believe that knowone seen anything. I attached to it 2 small stickers with my name, address and mobile number. One of them is hidden behind the frame, the thin bits which goes to the back wheel. It had Shwalbe marathon tyres and tubes filled in with self sealing subsance. It had few scratches, however looked pretty new. It had attached cycle computer, but not the small bit (the one which goes on the wire of the wheel). The frame number is: WTU152SZ0279F.

Thanks for looking. Maybe one day I will be lucky and will find it.

Ela

Sorry to hear that Ela - 'Gumtree' online, and early today to Brick Lane market.

This may be helpful to you in the future.

:sad:

OP
OP
E

Ela

As I noticed, a lot of us post here and read about our bad experience, so I decided to continue the story as warning for other cyclists.

I did insure my bike with Cycleguard. I used a Gold Tatcham approved lock, golden series fromOxford. I was required for value of my bike to use with silver or better ratinglock. On the day Police investigated the scene and wrote a report. My whole bike was stolen, not justparts. I reported to Cycleguard within time limit. So...I was convinced thatall conditions were met...

Unfortunately I was wrong. Just today they refused my claim onthe basis that the lock was not approved by LOCK Secure. So I lost the case. Whateveryou do, you always will lose. Spend money on the better lock, DO NOT USECYCLEGUARD. Their policy has so many restrictions, that getting back the moneyback from them is almost impossible.

e-rider

crappy member
As I noticed, a lot of us post here and read about our bad experience, so I decided to continue the story as warning for other cyclists.

I did insure my bike with Cycleguard. I used a Gold Tatcham approved lock, golden series fromOxford. I was required for value of my bike to use with silver or better ratinglock. On the day Police investigated the scene and wrote a report. My whole bike was stolen, not justparts. I reported to Cycleguard within time limit. So...I was convinced thatall conditions were met...

Unfortunately I was wrong. Just today they refused my claim onthe basis that the lock was not approved by LOCK Secure. So I lost the case. Whateveryou do, you always will lose. Spend money on the better lock, DO NOT USECYCLEGUARD. Their policy has so many restrictions, that getting back the moneyback from them is almost impossible.

I agree that Cycleguard is very expensive and has lots of restrictions. When I was reading the policy it came across to me that they were doing everything they could to wriggle out of ever paying-up! That's why I never renewed this year. Shopped about for cover under my house insurance and now have a much better and much cheaper deal with M&S house and contents insurance.

After having 4 bikes stolen over the years the only way to really beat the criminals is with a good reliable insurance policy (and 3 D-locks including a M18). I take extreme measures to avoid my bikes being stolen these days, but even if they are, I'm pretty certain I'll get almost the full value back with the insurance; which helps me sleep at night. Like many other people, I simply couldn't afford to replace the bikes otherwise if they were stolen (not that they are mega expensive, I just don't have £££ in my back pocket)

OP
OP
E

Ela

There is award of £200 for help me to find my bike. So please, if you have any information, which will help me to get my bike back please contact me.

Orginal tyries have been changed to Shwalbe Marathon Plus 700x32. There were almost new.

I put also self-sealing tubes.

The bike was bough through Evans Cycles, so it should still have their logo, if not removed.

One of the velve cover was green.

There were few scratches on the main frame on the TREK sign.

The orginal back red light has been removed and replaced with proper, flashing.

Orginal bell has been also removed (it was not very responsive) and replaced with new one, which was attached with a blue wire (my own idea), so it looked a little bit strange. However all those items could have been changed and also replaced by new owner.

Computer was installed in the middle of handlebar, but it did not have a small sensor on the wheel (I still have got it - that is what I have left.......after him)

Please help.

Attachments

• rower trek 008.JPG
    rower trek 008.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 112
  • trek website front.jpg
    trek website front.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 101
  • rower trek tyl website.jpg
    rower trek tyl website.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
E

Ela

Hi, Thanks for the advise. I did e-mailed the cctv room at houslow, but they did not replay. Unfortunetly public cannot contact them by the phone.

Looking for my bike I noticed, that as long as you post excact detalis of your bike: make, model and frame number - there is no way, that someone searching the internet can miss this information. So, there is appeal to everyone, register your bike with all the details including frame number, so whoever want to buy second hand bike can easly check if it was register as stolen. Siple search on the google with frame number gives an result within seconds.

This way we all can beat thieves and make sure they cannot make money on the stolen bikes.

OP
OP
E

Ela

Hello,

I decided to continue the story with my bike... Some time have already passed, I just want to make an update what have happened in that time. I was so desperate to find my bike, so I spread few leaflets about my bike in the ealing and chiswick area.

What was my surprise when after about 2 months I received text massage about my stolen bike. I called the person... the person gave me the name, address and all the details about someone who could have stolen my bike. Apparently he does still bikes from the Fontain Leisure Centre when he needs money for drugs, etc...

So not wating I went to the police at Chiswick and told about it. The person with information asked me about to stay anonymous, so I could not give police their details.

I waited for 8 days and did not hear from the police anything, so I decided to call them. I had a response from the not nice lady that the case was closed, because I did not gave them my informer details and they are not going to check anything as luck of link.

I am really angry with the whole system, police, they even did not bother to check…If the police cannot help us, who can, than…???

Top Bottom