Trials/BMX Recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My lad is rather taken with the likes of Danny MacAskill, and spends a fair bit of time over the local park trying to do 'tricks'. He currently rides a Ridgeback MX24 MTB, which I realise is not a trials bike, nor a BMX. So, can anyone recommend something suitable? He's 12 soon, so thinking it would make a nice pressie..

Onza used to be the Trails bike of choice but it's been a few years since I did the research for my lads. I've still got a Base24 hanging up in the garage. The thing about Trials bikes are they can only be used for the purpose they were designed for, BMX's are a bit more versatile.

TeeShot

Veteran
Trials bikes are single purpose machines which are pretty useless at anything else, however if it's trials riding then they are the only things that will do the job.

Both my lads ride 20 inch Monty 221 Ti bikes, which have taken an unbelievable amount of punishment over the last 10 years. Google them and wince at the price when new. A good source of second hand bikes is within the motorcycle trials world. Plenty of kids get bicycle trials bikes before they move on to motorised trials bikes. Trials Central is a good website to have a look at and there's always a healthy amount of used stuff for sale.

Good luck

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Thanks folks. Had a look at the 'proper' trials bikes, and leaning towards a BMX now as probably get more use in the longer run...

Top Bottom