Triban 3 w/ Upgrades

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You did good with the tape but you need to get some oil on that chain!

zizou

Veteran
Good job on the bars, im hopeless at it

The chain probably still has the factory lube / grease on it just looks clean due to lack of dirt stuck to it.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Left hand bar looks OK but you need to re-do the right; you've gone wrong around the brake and ended up winding backwards to the centre instead of forwards as you did on the left.

Also, use scissors to trim the final wrap to a taper so as to avoid that bulge.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The chain is brand new, it's got that super sleek factory oil on it ;)

The factory oil is thin and is just to stop it rusting. Put on some thick stuff (engine oil is good if you don't have any cycle specific stuff), work it well in and wipe off the surplus.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It may not be as light but that Sora chainset looks miles better than the pig-ugly Dura Ace and Ultegra (which has got even uglier for 2014) offerings.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
That looks awesome, can you tell the difference when riding it, if you've dared get it dirty yet? :smile:
The factory oil is thin and is just to stop it rusting. Put on some thick stuff (engine oil is good if you don't have any cycle specific stuff), work it well in and wipe off the surplus.
I'm sure I read on here that the lubricant that comes on a chain is much better than anything you'll put on afterwards because it's applied during assembly. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious which is the correct answer. I've used my KMC X8.99 chain for a few hundred miles before I put any lube on it. :smile:

Top Bottom