Tribute Acts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I once saw a Derek and Clive tribute act. Made Bernard Manning look like The Pope.
As I said, one of many.
If that was your time you would be laughing your head off without thinking anything.
But then the same people who laughed, all of a sudden become different to suit the opinions of others.
Another great was Jimmy Jones.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
[QUOTE 4391025, member: 45"]I can remember telling racist jokes as a kid at school. I'm embarrassed about it, not proud of the legend.[/QUOTE]
Ok, cool.
I'm not talking about racism being a good thing btw.

Drago

Legendary Member
As I said, one of many.
If that was your time you would be laughing your head off without thinking anything.
But then the same people who laughed, all of a sudden become different to suit the opinions of others.
Another great was Jimmy Jones.
I laughed my arse off, though I'm not insensitive enough that some of it didn't make me cringe, but its very much of its time.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Bernard Manning, not even remotely funny imo. I am old enough to remember him, he was a bigot of the worst kind, I saw him at Batley variety club, not funny, probably drunk , and very offensive, he didn't get many laughs the night I was there and the place was pretty full.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I've seen a fair few in my time and enjoyed most of them, but today I've seen an advert for an act that must be scraping the barrel.

I shoot ye not, today I saw an advert for a Bernard Manning tribute act.
Does he mime to an old taped gig or just stand there and recycle really old jokes doing a vocal impression?
I can see the appeal of tribute bands, having seen the Australian Pink Floyd, but really cannot fathom a tribute comedian act.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Does he mime to an old taped gig or just stand there and recycle really old jokes doing a vocal impression?
I can see the appeal of tribute bands, having seen the Australian Pink Floyd, but really cannot fathom a tribute comedian act.
It is a bit pointless.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

Material aside, it would be interesting how he does it.

I was introduced to Pink Floyd when I was taken along to a McFloyd concert (almost as good as the Australian version apparently) and they opened with

'Shine On You Crazy Diamond'

Complete with the full 7 minute (or longer) intro. Just the tune slowly evolving from that one note at concert volumes complete with that slow lingering bass and everyone going wild at it....
:ohmy::hyper::wub:

As a first introduction (and I genuinely had never heard it before as I never used to bother wth music due to my hearing) I could have done a lot worse and life has never quite been the same since (although I have never been too keen on the actual song tunewise, I just love that intro!).

The first 7.36... Brilliant! (I am aware it isn't the official video, but it is a good as any for the sound):

View: https://youtu.be/2ra5kT-G94c

A comedian tribute act though?

Last edited:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Material aside, it would be interesting how he does it.

I was introduced to Pink Floyd when I was taken along to a McFloyd concert (almost as good as the Australian version apparently) and they opened with

'Shine On You Crazy Diamond'

Complete with the full 7 minute (or longer) intro. Just the tune slowly evolving from that one note at concert volumes complete with that slow lingering bass and everyone going wild at it....
:ohmy::hyper::wub:

As a first introduction (and I genuinely had never heard it before as I never used to bother wth music due to my hearing) I could have done a lot worse and life has never quite been the same since (although I have never been too keen on the actual song tunewise, I just love that intro!).

The first 7.36... Brilliant! (I am aware it isn't the official video, but it is a good as any for the sound):

View: https://youtu.be/2ra5kT-G94c

A comedian tribute act though?

Thanks, I enjoyed that, Pink Floyd blasting out before 9am, set me up for the day now ^_^

Top Bottom