Trikes On Ice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I've never ridden my trike on ice, but I'm sure I'd have a much greater amount of confidence doing so. It's very hard to fall over, unless you throw your weight the wrong way - your main problem might be sliding on a corner, or skidding on braking, but that's the same as uprights, and on a trike you have 50% more contact with the road....

I suppose on very slippery ice, you might have trouble with traction, as I have don on a very steep and muddy hill, but I'd have thought if you start gently and don't wheel spin, you'd be pretty ok.

You still need to take care, and it is easy to spin the drive wheel........

However a trike on ice is a real blast!

Andy Welch

Oh great, another chance to show some pics from the year that I decided to commute on a Windcheetah. Fun was indeed the word.

Cheers,

Andy

yysryd.jpg

yys8ij.jpg

Andy Welch

User3143 said:
That looks very cold

Only when you stop !

Actually, it's Aberdeenshire and it only looks cold coz I'm a soft Southerner. Mind you we've not had a winter like that since. I wonder why ? Sorry, that's a different thread isn't it.

Cheers,

Andy

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
* jealous *

I really want to try a recumbent trike... but I have a feeling I'd be trying to convince the Wife that I need one after seeing how much fun they are...

...must resist...

blue trice

trikes on ice

2 words describe this---blo--y ma-----ous!!!!!!!!!!!
you wouldn`t fall far enough to hurt yourself,
and if u did - you shouldn`t be out on a trike or bike anyway.
you can look smug in the face of 2 wheel riders,
in the last lot of snow, while out on the trike i had a couple of
snowballs thrown at me,

but I was carrying a " super soaker water gun", capacity 1.5 litres,
and got the barstuds!!!!!!!!!!

blue trice

andharwheel

Welcome Mr Welch. Didnt you used lurk on another forum? I live in Aberdeen and dont see many other recumbent riders. I believe that you dont have your trike anymore.
I have a Windcheetah, but has a full racing fairing, so not suitable for roads (cant see out very well) Might convert to road use.

Top Bottom