Trip Computer or an app?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
I've had trip computers of one sort or another for as long as I can remember.

On my last bike, I used to use this in combination with Strava.

On my Brompton, I thought I'd get a Quadlock and use my phone as a readout to display Strava and then not bother with a trip computer.

But it's nowhere near as good as I'd hoped. The free version only displays average speed, and I upgraded to the premium version for a month to trial it, and I wasn't that impressed with it either. I does display current speed, but that's all. Doesn't say whether it's above or below average or all the other little things.

And for £3.99 a month, it really isn't worth it (to me).

So, the question is, does anyone have a good free app. Or, failing that, do you have a trip computer you're happy with and are willing to recommend?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
PS - I downloaded Ski Trax for when I go Skiing next month and that looks like it might do it, but I've not tried it yet.

mick1836

Über Member
Does What's my ride give you a live display?

That is, could you use your phone on your bars instead of the Cat Eye?

I've got my What's My Ride set to give a verbal announcement every 5 miles, you choose what distance and what information. Also got it set to auto pause which must save the battery?

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
image.png
Looked for it but got this:

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
I downloaded Cyclemeter on another recommendation which seems to be working.

I did used to use Map My Run when I was thin enough to run, so I might give it another look if Cyclemeter's constant 'please upgrade to Elite Version' ads start to really cheese me off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom