Trousers needed for monday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J-HO

I'm needing a decent pair of trousers for everyday commuting. waterprooof and warm. Don't fancy tights, prefer baggy.

Also if anyone knows of somehere in Tayside/North Perthshire thats open on a Sunday for a nice selection, please tell.

Cheers in advance for the advice.

snorri

Legendary Member
I'm needing a decent pair of trousers for everyday commuting. waterprooof and warm. Don't fancy tights, prefer baggy.
Also if anyone knows of somehere in Tayside/North Perthshire thats open on a Sunday for a nice selection, please tell.

Too much hurry :sad: , good trousers can be quite expensive, better to take a little time to pause and consider before parting with the cash.:smile:
You say waterproof trousers, do you mean waterproof overtrousers? Waterproof trousers would not be comfortable for all weather conditions, overtrousers you can wear when the need arises. Now it is less cold, I don't need overtrousers for all runs.
I have found Paramo overtrousers good for cycling, plenty of room for bending the legs, and lined so keep you warm without condensation.
http://www.mountainl.../Legwear,b.html

I see they have a branch in South Street.

aoj

The new Tiso shop in Perth has a bike section and probably some expensive but good trousers.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I have found Paramo overtrousers good for cycling, plenty of room for bending the legs, and lined so keep you warm without condensation.
http://www.mountainl.../Legwear,b.html

I see they have a branch in South Street.
Be aware that the Paramo Merapi trousers on that link are standard trek & travel trousers.
If you want waterproof Paramo, you want Velez, Cascada, Aspira or Pajaro models.

Paramo is warm (some say too warm), more breathable than anything else, waterproof as far as rain is concerned, but not waterproof as far as sitting in a puddle is concerned.

ACS

Legendary Member
Decathlon Sports is good, but the nearest one is Glasgow

www.decathlon.co.uk

Sports Direct has some Karrimor cycling gear but it's still not that local to you.

www.sportsdirect.com

Sports Direct
43-45 Unicorn Way
Kingdom Shopping Centre
Glenrothes
KY7 5NU

I passed the Sport Direct outlet in Glenrothes last weekend it was selling off all its stock prior to closing down. Would recommend you phone in advance

Top Bottom