Trousers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James Blackwell

Hi all,
Some help needed. I have been commuting now for nearly 3 years, but the last year in particular I have paid more attention to my fitness etc, the problem I now have is although my waist is still a 32" my thighs which have always been quite large (muscle not fat) are now much bigger.
As a consequence most of my trousers are too tight in this area. Does anyone know where I can get trousers that fit better in this department or is it just pot luck?

I only ask as I have my mums wedding soon and my perfect fitting trousers from a year ago, well, erm dont, but only in that area. After a week away with work I have two very large bruises where after having keys and change in my pocket along with the type of work I was doing.

Im not moaning, in fact Im quite happy, but need a new trouser shop, place. supplier.

Thank you in advance

James

stephec

Legendary Member
Same here.

I'm normally a 34 waist, but but 36 so that they're comfortable round the hips.

OP
OP
James Blackwell

James Blackwell

Thanks guys,
I had a feeling that if anyone could answer the question it would be you lot. I am going to go through trial and error process. I have never been able to find trousers that fit from your usual high street retailers as my thighs have always been quite large, So always had to shop carefully for trousers anyway. Will continue doing that, just asked on the off chance I missed someone out there who supplied good fitting trousers for cyclists.
My wedding is planned for late next year, so i at least have learnt I need to either get them tailored (Cheers Shadow) or just spend an age finding something somewhere.

James

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Hi all,
Some help needed. I have been commuting now for nearly 3 years, but the last year in particular I have paid more attention to my fitness etc, the problem I now have is although my waist is still a 32" my thighs which have always been quite large (muscle not fat) are now much bigger.
As a consequence most of my trousers are too tight in this area. Does anyone know where I can get trousers that fit better in this department or is it just pot luck?

I only ask as I have my mums wedding soon and my perfect fitting trousers from a year ago, well, erm dont, but only in that area. After a week away with work I have two very large bruises where after having keys and change in my pocket along with the type of work I was doing.

Im not moaning, in fact Im quite happy, but need a new trouser shop, place. supplier.

Thank you in advance

James

Try Clifton Suits - on the Triangle. They do quite nice stuff both off-the-peg, which they'll alter and (ver affordable) made-to-measure. There's usually some kind of a deal on so I've always gone away happy, albeit poorer having bought a couple of suits rather than the planed one - bargains and all.
Much much better stuff than M&S or whatever, and reasonably priced for the quality - more than M&S obviously, but not silly.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think its a common problem for us athletes:whistle:
I have to wear a 30 " waist and make sure i have comfort cut trousers , otherwise i can get them round my thighs and makes it tight around the crotch even though i could do the waist up, last time i checked they were about 25 " round the top of each thigh.
Yes i know there are plenty of people with bigger thighs but im 5 foot 6 ish !
I have found the real cheap clothes tend to be cut tighter as well especially jeans , took me ages last time to find a pair that fitted the waist and the legs nicely and ended up with buttons rather than a zip .

Top Bottom