TRP Integrated TT brakes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

golty

Regular
Hi
I have just got a new Boardman TT bike and I'm having issues with the front brake (TRP mini V brake)..
It was working fine until I messed with the bolts in an attempt to adjust them for deep section wheels. There is no feel at all in the brake lever and the brakes do not spring back when the lever is pressed, so basically they don't work..

I'm not good with bike mechanics but can anyone explain what I need to do, I've put some pics below of the brakes and the bolts I can see that could be adjusted, there is also a barrel adjuster..

Back bolts
4adba9575834e9be9a7609836669856f.jpg

Side bolts
c32a771a017ec5beb25fcbfdb8eb6f1e.png

Can anyone attempt to explain what I need to do to fix the brakes, or should I just take it to my LBS?

Cheers

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You've probably got the pads catching the frame.

You've said you have no mechanical ability. To save time, take it to a bike shop. You should have only needed to adjust the pad retaining bolt and move the pads, but you might have caught the frame with poor adjustment.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Sounds like you have over tightened the "back bolts" as you put it which would stop the brakes from returning, given your obvious very limited knowledge I would suggest you take it to the bike shop and let them sort it for you. Your brakes are far too important to take a risk with them.

Top Bottom