TT Training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Myself and 2 others are going to start a little gentle training for next Years 3-up 25mile TT.

Last year, IIRC, we did it in about 1Hr 17 or so which is fractionally under the 20mph average.
We met up and did a practice 10miler on Saturday but my performance was off the mark as I can't hold a 22mph average when on the front, it's more like 19-20mph.

We're not looking to break records, we're only a "pub team" really, we don't even have TT bikes (I use my SCR3 :biggrin:) but it would be nice to put in a 1HR 10 or so.

I'm thinking that a bit of interval training on the turbo may give me that performance increase, any ideas on what sort of intervals?

Incidentally, the TT is not untill next March so we have plenty of time.

RedBike

Intervals work wonders for speed. I used to do 3 x 20mins / work on cadence.

However i seem to remember most training guides would talk about taking September off and then building up a good base fitness over winter by doing loads of steady miles. They didn't introduce intervals / hills into the training program until Jan / feb.

Have a google search for training guides. Hopefully you'll find someone who knows exactly what they're on a about (unlike me!).

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Just concentrate on base training over the winter- it'll make the interval training work better. I targetted an early season event this year and started intervals about eight weeks before- but there's lots of different ideas out there, I don't know which ideas work best but doing some training specific for time trials will have you improve.

I followed -roughly- a programme I found on the internet, the link is on my work computer, I'll post it when I'm back in the office.

If one of your team is faster (you'll know who it is) have them up on the front doing longer pulls. Getting that right can gain a lot of time.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Fantastic, thanks all, much appreciated
worship.gif
:biggrin:

Top Bottom