Tupperware in trouble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just had a look on their website and a voice inside my head screamed “ How much!!!?”

yello

..no wonder the business is in trouble
It's a sad reflection of what's happened/happening. Stuff costs money to make. Many (small) businesses are hit hard by cost increases and to stay afloat have to pass those on. The consumer, hit hard by those same cost increases and suffering income stagnation as well, simply cannot afford the new increased prices. The reaction is often one of 'rip off' but people probably can't now afford the old price either! And priorities change.

I personally feel for restaurants (because I used to like eating out) It's hugely difficult for a restaurant to prepare food for a price people can afford. I'm sure many people eat out less as a result. And restaurants go to the wall, and on the snowball rolls.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
you were supposed to be thrashing their Mrs.... :whistle:

He couldn't spell Portia....

tyred

Legendary Member
I accidentally left my tupperware lunch box on the back seat of a yellow Albion school bus, c 1985. My Mum was not amused.

I asked the driver about it on the way to school the next morning but he said he hadn't seen it. Most probably kept it for himself, or perhaps it fell through the holes in the floor!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I accidentally left my tupperware lunch box on the back seat of a yellow Albion school bus, c 1985. My Mum was not amused.

I asked the driver about it on the way to school the next morning but he said he hadn't seen it. Most probably kept it for himself, or perhaps it fell through the holes in the floor!

Probably holding the bus together in that hole! 😆

PaulSB

Legendary Member
It's a sad reflection of what's happened/happening. Stuff costs money to make. Many (small) businesses are hit hard by cost increases and to stay afloat have to pass those on. The consumer, hit hard by those same cost increases and suffering income stagnation as well, simply cannot afford the new increased prices. The reaction is often one of 'rip off' but people probably can't now afford the old price either! And priorities change.

I personally feel for restaurants (because I used to like eating out) It's hugely difficult for a restaurant to prepare food for a price people can afford. I'm sure many people eat out less as a result. And restaurants go to the wall, and on the snowball rolls.

Overall I would agree with you but not sure I do in this specific case. I probably know no more about Tupperware than anyone posting in here. Looking at the website the product does seem excessively expensive no matter how good it is.

Aside from the cheap stuff I mentioned before for freezing we have 10-12 good quality, robust containers which we've had for possibly 25+ years. If those needed replacing I'd guess I could get them for something close to a single Tupperware item.

Like you I'm sympathetic to the hospitality industry. We don't eat out much but I use cafes a lot. Myself and my regular riding buddies make a point of supporting those who have always treated us well. From the moment Covid allowed us to ride together and pick up takeaway we've made a point of regularly visiting those cafes ever since.

Top Bottom