Turbo - Budget £150

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrbez

Hi Guys,

I have perhaps £150 to spend on a Turbo, do you have any suggestions?

I don't mind buying used if this will get me a better model off eBay.

Primarily to cycle whilst it's pouring down and also so I can do some early morning cardio while the roads are still icy.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Have a look at ProBikeKit, I got one from there (Taxc) last Christmas for a bit less than that with a free turbo tyre but I think turbos all suffer from boredom inducing factors and I'm glad I never spent too much ;)

OP
OP
M

Mrbez

The boredom wouldn't bother me.

I have a treadmill back at my home in Manchester, and I can imagine a turbo much less boring than that. As I could sit infront of the TV etc, catch up on documentaries etc.

Any other suggestions guys?

Links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

OP
OP
M

Mrbez

Thanks Rocky, can anybody else recommend this one, or another?

Would I need to buy a block for the front wheel, or a trainer tyre for the rear?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I use a Cyclops Magento which varies resistance by changing gear on the bike to play Turbo Trainer Rugby in front of the TV in the spare room. The game involves varying the intensity I ride at depending on what is happening on the pitch and where on the pitch it is happening. It randomises things to avoid boredom and makes the work out a bit more like a real ride....

...and leaves you with jelly legs at the end.

The one I bought last year was about your budget - but I guess theyve been upgraded now, so the only one I could find was on ebay. Linky here

It seems ok to me at the mo and i'm using it quite a bit, though if the one GregCollins was known to me at the time I bought mine - I would have probably got that one, but if the ebay one goes for a good price i'd say give it a go.

Top Bottom