turbo trainer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Mine arrived this morning so I decided to give it a go this afternoon. I have an old Vitesse bike which will never go on the road again as the back wheel is a bit buckled. So I took the back brake pads off ( not needed anymore ) . The chain wouldn't stay on the big ring ( 50 teeth ) so after a few adjustments, I got it on but it means it won't go on the other 2 rings now ( not needed any more ). So, I now have the bike set on 50/ 11for training purposes. I spent 15 minutes on it earlier on and was absolutely wet through at the end , although I was outside with a bit of wind blowing. How long do you spend on yours? I am happy with the set up for stamina.

SteveF

Only really use it In the winter, it varies between 20mins and an hour a couple of times a week.
It can be a bit tedious so I prefer a jog or the gym (cross training etc)

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
During the winter I work out about about 4 times a week to this 45 minute CTXC video.

For the rest of the time the Turbo Trainer is packed away so I don't use it at all.

BSRU

A Human Being
Almost a year since I bought mine and I cannot understand why it took so long to buy one:wacko:.
Use it through the winter, bad weather(can't be arsed) days and when time is limited^_^.
Not interested in racing so just use it to mainly improve my aerobic capacity(for cycling long distance) and sometimes lactate threshold.
Massive improvement, on the same course, my best average speed has increased by over 4kph and most importantly my normal riding average is now higher than my best from last year:okay:.
All my personal bests on local hills have been destroyed:okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought one a few weeks ago. I've used it a lot due to the wet windy weather and due to a lack of confidence about road cycling. It might be a bit boring but at least you're safe and you can watch tv or listen to the radio as you clock up the miles. If it's a sunny day i take it out in the backyard/garden and top up my tan and get some exercise.

Top Bottom