SOLD: TW-Bents Mantis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BearKnots

Über Member
How Do All ;-)
FOR SALE!

Here I have for sale my Tw-Bents Mantis, 81 gear! Folding Trike.
I am selling this trike as I would like to save some pennies towards, and make space for a new tandem bike in my now overcrowded storage facility :-D

This trike is fully and properly set up and adjusted and is ready to ride away with no further tinkering or twiddling needed, barring setting the boom at the right length for the rider!

%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-OGAP3Kh4mVk%2FVCp02nZSnPI%2FAAAAAAAAONo%2FeuO08Dahc1A%2Fs1600%2FIMG_9059.JPG

All large size pictures and close ups of any scratches can be seen here in my blog post:
http://ropeandcanvas.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/tw-bents-mantis-trike-for-sale.html

This is a pretty much brand new and almost unused Machine! I have done less than 100 miles on the trike since I purchased it, and the previous owner even less than this!

There are a few scratches / marks on the frame and these are very well documented in the photos. these are some surface paint scratches under the frame near the folding clamp either from folding or storing folded on an unprotected surface (Not Me) A small paint chip on the folding clamp, again whilst in folded mode I guess. a small paint scratch through paint surface under boom, and some superficial ring marking on the paint surface on the boom from adjusting the boom in and out,

There is absolutely no rust anywhere, either inside the frame or out and as can be seen from the running gear the trike is almost immaculate, bar the scratches mentioned. the tyres still have the molding line in the tread, thats how few miles they have done.

Here is what makes up the trike:
Frame: Main frame Cr-Moly
Seat: alloy frame with mesh seat cover
TW-Bents Adjustable head rest
Brake Levers: Tektro with spring loaded parking brake buttons for easy non roll away parking
Steering: Easy-handling Indirect Steering, Ackerman-Compensated, all rod end bearings have grease nipples, control rods are anodised Aluminium.
Shifters: SRAM Dual Drive II, 9 speed grip shifter with mtn drive selector, and Sram attack 3 speed grip shifter for front mech
Front Derailler: Shimano 105 triple
Chainset: Lands Free 52/42/30T alloy w/chain guard, 170mm cranks.
Rear Hub: SRAM dual drive II, with 9 speed cassette and Sram dérailleur.
Cassette: SRAM PG970 11-34
Chain : KMC Z9000
Front hubs: lands free with single allen bolt removal.
Rim: Alex DA22 double wall 451/20"
Tyres: Kenda Kontenda HP 23 x 451 / 20" x 1"
Spokes: 14# stainless
Brakes: Avid BB7 Mtn Disc Brakes on both front wheels
Bottom Bracket: BB-7420AL
Seat Height: 9" ground to base
B/B Height: 14"
Weight: 38 pounds / 17 kilos
Load Rating: 120kg or 265 pounds
Folded size: L x W x H: 43" x 28" x 20.5"
Two zefal flip out mirrors
Two alloy bottle cages.
Tw-Bents Flag

removable arms for mirror, computer, mudguards, bottle cages and lights fixing. not installed but shown attached in last two pictures for reference
Mudguards easy on /off quick release, not installed on fronts at this time
Rear rack and all fittings, not installed
Cateye Strada Cycle Computer, not installed

I think I got everything there?

Please see all the pictures for a full 360 visual examination.
I am more than happy to have anyone come visit me and examine the trike without obligation. I am in the Heathrow Villages area of Hillingdon, Middlesex.

If you are interested in this item please contact me via:
knotty dot bear at gmail dot com

The Price I am asking for this is:
£1,200.00 ONO + £6.50 P+P or free to collect
Postage will be by next day DPD courier.

Payment either by Bank transfer to Nationwide account, cash in hand or Paypal (please add 3.4% to total to cover paypal fees unless sending monies as to a friend)

I will try to ship the trike within 2 days of the payment being received, Monday to Friday only!

Please Note: if shipped the trike will be folded, with the seat and possibly the rear wheel removed, every care will be taken to pack the trike in as much recycled soft packing as possible to prevent damage during transit, and in a very large strong box, minimal assembly will be required, and as all the drive train, gears and brakes are fully and properly set up you should be able to ride the trike within an hour.

Thank you for looking!
Take care,
Barry ;-)

OP
OP
BearKnots

BearKnots

Über Member
Now Sold! Thank you for looking.

Take care,
Barry ;-)

Top Bottom