Twitter on mobile phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
All these things have a genuine purpose, it's just they are listed under generic access permission names rather than giving specific reasons.
That sounds right I guess.

As others have said, access to contacts is so that it can 'Sync' your Twitter contacts with your phone contacts. On my Samsung this allows me to see peoples Tweets straight from my contact list along with other functionality.
I don't really want my contacts list to marry up with the tweets I see. Just because I have a name and number doesn't mean I want to follow that contact, or have them follow me.

Track your location basically means just having access to the GPS/Cellular location to allow the app to tailor what you receive, i.e. you'll see what's trending from the UK rather than the US, and it may also allow you to do things such as 'Geo-Tag' your images or Tweets using fine location if you so choose so that people know where you made them from.
I don't follow 'trends', nor do I 'Geo-Tag', nor do I want people to know where I am when I tweet.

Stop your phone from sleeping is just so that the screen doesn't turn off whilst you are using the application.
That's ok, I wish the music player wouldn't go to sleep when it is playing in the car.

It's all fairly innocent stuff if you look in to it. :smile:
Not really convinced that it is that innocent really. As they say, 'If you are not paying for the product, then you are the product!'.:rolleyes: :smile:

HovR

Über Member
Not really convinced that it is that innocent really. As they say, 'If you are not paying for the product, then you are the product!'.:rolleyes::smile:

Indeed. I'm sure if I actually used Twitter, and I didn't run AdBlock, then I'd be making them money through the ads they force feed you. :thumbsup: Not quite sure how else they'd benefit from my location etc though other than personalized ads!

'Oh look, he's out on his bike again' :laugh:

Unfortunately though if you want to use the app then you're pretty much stuck with accepting the permissions!

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
Send me a USB stick in the post - needs to hold a 3.5GB database and 1.7GB of supporting files ... :laugh:
If I send you a dozen would you be able to send one back to me every time I want to see what's going on? We can rotate the dozen for updating on a daily basis.:tongue:

Top Bottom