Two bikes and a frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

And

Fun sponge
Dolan - road bike
Dolan – alloy frame, carbon forks and stays, sloping top tube design. 48cm centre to top (virtual 54 cm), top tube length (virtual) 54cm c to c.
9 speed Sora shifters, Tiagra rear mech, Ultegra front mech, Ultegra hubs, Stronglight 28/38/48 triple chainset
This was my son’s bike from when he was 9 to about 12 years old – he’s tall for his age and now it no longer fits. Generally good condition though there are small markings/scratches on the frame, and the left-hand shifter is scraped where my sonfell off. Everything is working OK mechanically. Pedals not included but I might have some knocking around depending on what you want.
Looking for around £275

Mercian 531 frame
531 Mercian ‘Audax’ frame, built in 1989.
60 cm c to top seat tube, 58 cm c to c top tube, mudguard eyes, ‘Mercian’ headset.
I had this frame refurbished by Mercian a few years ago in metallic grey/silver with black pinstriping. At the same time I had the rear stays cold set to 130 mm width to allow the fitting of 9 and 10 speed hubs.
It’s in good condition generally, but there are some marks and scratches, the worst being on the inside of the chainstay where the wheel has rubbed the paint (I cannot remember this happening)
Looking for around £175

Giant Peleton
This bike is over 10 years old, and has the scratches to prove it. It has a seat tube of 55 cm centre to top, and a top tube of 55 cm centre to centre.
It has a 4130 CroMo double butted frame that came out of the factory unpainted, but it has got purple forks.....
It has Shimano RSX sti’s, RX 100 front and rear mechs and a 105 chainset. Again, pedals not included but I might have some knocking around depending on what you want.
Got to be worth around £120?

If you’re interested in any of the above, please e-mail: and660(at)gmail.com
Pick up from Matlock only, I will not post due to having a bad experience with couriers previously.

Thanks for looking, Andy.

dolan.jpg mercian.JPG

edited to add images - Thanks smokeysmoo, good to have a recommendation, but I'm still reticent.....

APC Nextday offer a superb courier service, and posting wil obviously get you a larger market. Check them out here; http://www.apc-overnight.com/delivery.php
Good luck :thumbsup:

jpj84

Veteran
Hi, does the Mercian have eyelets for a rear rack? Do you have an estimate for which height rider it would suit?

OP
OP
And

And

Fun sponge
Hi JP - it only has one set of eyelets, but as you can see I ran the bike with both mudguards and a rack, it's not a problem. For reference, I am 6'1" with a 33" inside leg.

Hope this is of use,

Andy
IMGP1444.JPG IMGP1452.JPG

Top Bottom