Two days of disasters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi,
Well I hope tomorrows going to be better than the last two days.
Yesterday I embarked on a planned 45 mile ride.After 30 miles the puncture fairy struck leaving me stranded in the middle of nowhere.No problems I thought as a got my trusty puncture repair kit out.(I know,why didn't I carry a tube🤣)
Anyway long story short the puncture was the result of an old patch leaking.Carefully I picked it off and ended up ripping the tube.After 4 attempts I managed to seal it and off I went only for it to leak again five miles later.With my last patch I tried to repair it but failed miserably leaving me stranded from home..With the prospect of walking 10 miles home in the hot weather I end up calling a friend to come and rescue me.
Today a new day and full of inthusiam I popped some washing in the washing machine. Sitting having a cup of tea while the washing machine was doing its thing I noticed a strange noise coming from it.
I popped into the kitchen to be met with only what I explain as a foam party.The suds must of been at least 6" high all around the base of the machine and they where rapidly creeping across the floor.
It turns out I mistakenly bought washing liquid instead of conditioner,to which I've filled the dam machine up with a double dose plus washing tablets..
Thankfully I've just finished cleaning up the mess and given the machine a good rinse through.Moral of the story , take spare inner tubes on a bike ride and wear your glasses when buying conditioner as it helps you to see exactly what your getting.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've done the washing machine thing - was going to use soap flakes on a waterproof, but couldn't find any, so I scraped some soap flakes off a bar of soap - it's not the same. Foam everywhere !

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Hey come on @Peter Salt .
This post was just a bit of fun and tongue in cheek banter.Of course it's not a proper disaster as you put it.Just light hearted chit chat so please just lighten up and go with the flow

Top Bottom