Two into one does go!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
I recently sold my Ridgeback Flight 01 (2010) and Cube Attention (2009) and was looking to get something in between the two – not necessarily as fast as the Flight, but more capable "off road" (i.e. cycle-paths, round-the-loch trails, Center Parcs etc.etc..) without being an out-and-out MTB.

Whilst I have never been impressed with the service I've received from Halfords, I really couldn't look past what the Boardman Hybrid Comp offered me for the princely sum of £413 (after web-offer and 10% British Cycling discount).

Having checked the shop setup, changed the tyres, fitted SKS Longboards, SPD pedals and bar-ends I got out with the kids yesterday, and was very happy how the Boardman performed with the tag-along on the local trails and cycle-paths, and equally happy with today's commute. It's a bit slower than the Madone of course :whistle: but I was quite impressed that the full outfit (including that tag-along hitch) weighed in at just 11kg :thumbsup:... not bad at all, and much less than the Flight.

Anyway, couldn't resist a quick iPhone snap this morning whilst the comp was still clean :smile:

boardman1.jpg

theloafer

Legendary Member
hey Alisdair
nice looking bike you got there :thumbsup:.... but it,s going to take some to keep it that clean ....:laugh:

OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Loooks nice. Once again it goes to prove you don't need to spend a fortune to get something satisfying.
Indeed, but had the Boardman been full price it would have had stiffer competition from other manufacturers, and I would likely have ended up with something else. Can't argue with the value for money at the £413 it cost me though :thumbsup:

So it's not all bad at Halfords then?
Well, I opted to collect a built bike from the store, but it was far from being properly set up and "ready to ride" – gears weren't indexing, the brakes were binding and the handlebars weren't even straight... I think sadly the service is a bit of a lottery depending on what store you visit.

Top Bottom