Two Plod...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

...standing for hours in town today. Theres a section of pavement next to the City Council offices, where theres a dead end road, 20 feet of path, and another road by the market you can cycle on. You guessed it, Plod set up the 'mobile police station' there, specifically to stop cyclists.

I know, I know, probably cyclists should dismount there and push, but it just isn't worth two Plods time. Really p***es me off when I see cars parking (hence driving) on to pavements every single day.

Downward

Guru
Cab said:
...standing for hours in town today. Theres a section of pavement next to the City Council offices, where theres a dead end road, 20 feet of path, and another road by the market you can cycle on. You guessed it, Plod set up the 'mobile police station' there, specifically to stop cyclists.

I know, I know, probably cyclists should dismount there and push, but it just isn't worth two Plods time. Really p***es me off when I see cars parking (hence driving) on to pavements every single day.

It seems now they have pissed off Car Drivers they are now doing the same to bikers.

Not really encouraging people out of the cars now is it ?

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Downward said:
It seems now they have pissed off Car Drivers they are now doing the same to bikers.

Not really encouraging people out of the cars now is it ?

If only they would piss off the car drivers. You never see plod staking out obvious spots where people drive on to the pavement to park, waiting to pounce on the motorist.

PBancroft

Depends how often they do it. Two plods time over one day would catch a lot of people doing it on a regular basis. For some of them the information will sink in, and encourage them to cycle safely in other situations as well.

If they do it every day I would be concerned. It would be nice to see them picking up more motorists though. Especially those who stop dead, no matter where they are, to answer the phone. Double yellow? What double yellow?

Plax

Guru
Cab said:
If only they would piss off the car drivers. You never see plod staking out obvious spots where people drive on to the pavement to park, waiting to pounce on the motorist.

Hasn't things like this been taken from the Police and given to the local councils? Plod here don't get involved with any illegally parked cars anymore - it is the councils responsibility. Hence the evil traffic wardens with a quota of 30 tickets per day.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

hackbike 6 said:
I think cyclists deserve it as much as other road users.

They deserve treatment in proportion to the hazard they represent to others and the relative frequency of offense. It is clear that as the hazard is approaching zero and the frequency is lower than that of motorists breaking the law, that dedicating police time in this way is silly.

gbb

Legendary Member
In a way it is silly Cab, but i liken it to learning trigonometry or RE at school...what good did it do ?.
Nothing directly, but it hopefully makes us more rounded, better people, more appreciative of things we dont neccessarily think of as important.

If we cant do the simple things in life propery (and there's plenty of people that can't)... it's got to be reinforced.

PBancroft

gbb said:
If we cant do the simple things in life propery (and there's plenty of people that can't)...

Like spelling?

*cycles away furiously*

Top Bottom