Tyre Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petmcgratt

I have just bought a specialized allez sport double compact and was wondering what are the best value for money tyres to upgrade to. The bike came with spesh mondo slicks but i have read alot of bad reviews about them. I have been using viattoria rubino pro 2 tyres on my old bike. Does anyone know of any tyres that might be better coming into the better weather?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
rather then worry about bad reviews why don't you try the tyres that came with the bike and make your own decision.

GrasB

Veteran
+1, You've got them use them & if you're unhappy for any reason change them but why change based on other peoples opinions considering they're effectively free.

+2 Sound advice there. With my first roadie I used the tyres it came with. Eventually changed them after a series of punctures (3 in one ride).
But try the ones you have you may be surprised.

OP
OP
P

petmcgratt

thanks for the advice guys. I will be using these tyres for a while but l always like to be on the look out for a good bargain!!

potsy

Rambler
Another vote here for trying them 1st, you can then make your own mind up if they're for you or not.

Tynan

Veteran
the time to worry about tyres is when you;re buying, then you'll get them changed for free

I dunno how people can afford £30 for a tyre uless it's for racing

Top Bottom