UCI Track World Cup at Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fantastic pictures..... any tips on camera settings - I always struggle (rank amateur) to get good pics at the track. (got a Fuji S9600)...

OP
OP
skids

skids

Hi Fossyant,
Thanks for the comment. Happy to share settings with you although I consider myself a rank amateur as well so the obvious caveats apply! I keep the camera on auto mode and override the following.
Set the ISO to max at 1600 which makes the sensors extremely sensitive to light. This will mean the camera will itself set a fast shutter speed which will help to freeze the subject in view.
Turn off the flash. With as ISO as high as 1600 it isn’t needed and that will save battery life.
Set the auto focus to continuous focus mode.
Set the shooting mode to continuous and take loads (I came back from Manchester last Sunday with just under two thousand pictures, only about three hundred were worth looking at further). I then use Corel Paint Shop Pro to enhance and crop. Software such as this is well worth the investment.
My camera is an Olympus E410 SLR. I’ve had a look that some Fuji S9600 reviews and all the settings are available on the Fuji .
Thanks again and apologies if any of this falls into the ‘sucking eggs’ area.

Top Bottom