UKCE Fell Beast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is anyone doing this?
http://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/events/fell-beast-sportive/

I will be doing the Vale Velo thing around York about a month before. Planning to do both Epic routes - I've only done one 100 mile ride before and it was mostly flat (similar to the Vale one)... That's a lot of climbing in the Fell Beast. But I'm going to do as much practice as I can in April.... but my planned riding buddy has been in New Zealand for the past 6 weeks and is now a whale, according to him. He doesn't fancy it.

Just wondering if there's anyone from here doing it at a leisurely / feeble pace that just wants to get round that wouldn't mind me tagging along for a bit at least. I wouldn't expect or want anyone to wait for me on the climbs, especially Honister Pass. It's bad enough driving up it.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
To be honest I've never heard of it, but I'll probably be over in York riding the Wiggy 300 audax that weekend so won't see the ride.

It's the Fred Whitton the day after, so there's going to be lots of Sportivers on the Lake District roads that weekend. I wonder if anyone's doing both? :smile: