Ultegra 6700 Shifters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

earth

Has anyone found these fail to shift up on occasion?

After I shift up a gear on the rear deraillure and the next attempt fails at least 30% of the time. The lever just moves all the way through its travel arc.

I find them much less comfortable that the previous generation. Square rather than curved to fit your hand.

The only improvement is the cable routing.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have just fitted these and did the first ride out yesterday of 60 odd miles.
Don't find then uncomfortable in the slightest. But everyone will be different with hand sizes etc.
Perhaps you can move the shifters up or down the bar a little try see if it makes more comfortable.

If I get any miss-shifts I will report back, but none yesterday. In fact I found the shifting very smooth and precise indeed. (Which does suprise me as I fitted and indexed them myself :ohmy:^_^)

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Were the gears working fine before?

I felt the 5700 105 were slightly less comfortable than than the 5600 I had on there before. With me it is feeling the end of the hood rubber where it joins the bar. I even wondered if the bar tape should have gone round the edge of it.

Only swapped them to get the cable routing under the bar tape, which I am happy with and they change the same as the 5600, I feel braking takes a little more effort but that could be that I have been using the disc CX for the last couple weeks.

OP
OP
E

earth

I think you must be right that the cables are incorrectly fitted. Seems impossible that Shimano would miss something as obvious as this.

Comfort wise it is subjective. Personally I preferred the curved hoods of the previous generation. These feel very square in comparison. No doubt I will get used to them.

Top Bottom