Ultimate winter glove: Sealskinz lobster/Pearl Izumi Pro lobster?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drum

I've been loving the Sealskinz lobster gloves (info) this winter, they have gold standard PrimaLoft insulation which still insulates when wet, and now I ride around London in winter in a T-shirt and these King Kong monster gloves, feeling like I'm dipping my hands into a bubble of heat, it's lovely.

I've been asked to recommend some lobster gloves - but (cue suspense) a new contender is on the scene!

Pearl Izumi Pro Lobster gloves are getting in on the act (info)? They seem to be modelled on the Sealskinz as they share the PrimaLoft insulation, but the Pearl version has a Pittards leather palm too.

Has anyone tried the Pearl Izumi Pro Lobster gloves? Does the Pittards palm make them better?

Looking forward to hearing what you think.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've bought a pair of the Pearl Izumi Pro Lobster gloves from the thread on here http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/pearl-izumi-pro-lobster-gloves.91670/ (thanks MattHB).

They're useful but not as warm as I thought they'd be - they're definately not a 'winter' glove, more a mid-season one. I found my fingers warm enough, but the thumbs were very cold. Also, the 'lobster' bit kept slipping loose. Maybe it's because I've got short fingers though :blink:

I'm now considering a pair of the Sealskinz Ultragrip gloves, although these are about £25.

OP
OP
D

drum

Thanks guys - I think numbnuts is right, the new Pearl ones are completely different as they have Primaloft insulation, I think the ones from a few years ago had less insulation.

Top Bottom