ultra gatorskin 700x23

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yeh, look on the side wall, theres an arrow somewhere. Not easy to see, but its there.

Joe24

No problems, I ended up missing it aswell, had to take the tyre off then put it back on again.
Learn by doing and all:becool:

Regardless of the arrow direction, tread markings on tyres like these are purely cosmetic and completely unnecessary. There's something about us not trusting completely slick tyres because of the complicated patterns on the tyres of the cars that we buy. A tyre that narrow won't aquaplane, and that tiny bit of treat would be useless in mud.

... and yet I still say "Oh ****! " if I ever put one on the 'wrong' way, and have to reverse it before I can go to sleep! :becool:

Joe24

Well basicly, i couldnt give a damn that the tread pattern doesnt do anything, it looks good on there with the fancyness of the pattern.
The reason i picked them was because they were cheap, lightish and they look good.
:becool:

Noodley

IMO they are shite tyres.

I changed to them from Armadillos.

Last year I rode 1000's of kms with only one puncture on Armadillos (and that was due to a pothole and my fault).

This year I could not get Armadillos - and went for Gatorskins. 8 punctures, one sidewall split, 2 audaxes abandonned. :biggrin::wacko:;)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
fossyant said:
Make sure you line up the stickers on the side though - very important ! :wacko: Either in line with the rim stickers, or the valve !

In line with the valve, it makes it sooooo much easier to find...

Top Bottom