Understanding Betting Odds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Yes, that is my understanding of the odds. Like you, he would not be my choice, but then we are excluded from the voting process. The odds from a British bookmaker will reflect British sentiment not voting predictions as the bookmaker will only adjust his prices to reflect and cover his risks.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
That'll be after the Obama bounce, not very generous for a bet though. In most simulations Obama's still down as winning narrowly but there's quite a lot of disagreement over swing states this year.

col

Legendary Member
I dont know how to bet,but i would have guessed it meant put 70 on and win 40?but like i said,iv never placed a bet in my life,except the national,well actually my wife puts in on for me,a pound each way,whatever that means.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
That's odds for col, the Obama odds will be something like that. You could have

20/1 against
5/1
7/4
1/1
4/7 for
1/5 for
1/20 absurdly for

col

Legendary Member
marinyork said:
That's odds for col, the Obama odds will be something like that. You could have

20/1 against
5/1
7/4
1/1
4/7 for
1/5 for
1/20 absurdly for

So for, you win the second number,against you win the first?

col

Legendary Member
rich p said:
Bloody 'ell Col. Were you brung up in a convent:evil:

No,RAF camps,it was that bad when we first moved here, i was about ten my brother twelve,we used to get chased and beat up on a regular basis because they thought we were posh,with our RAF camp accents:biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
col said:
No,RAF camps,it was that bad when we first moved here, i was about ten my brother twelve,we used to get chased and beat up on a regular basis because they thought we were posh,with our RAF camp accents:biggrin:

camp accents or RAF-camp accents??

We know about these things in Brighton:biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
rich p said:
camp accents or RAF-camp accents??

We know about these things in Brighton:biggrin:

By camp i mean the housing areas,they were called camps like we call estates now.:smile:And our accents were sort of neutral,like a newsreader ish.

Top Bottom