Uni Choices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Try Sussex uni, at Falmer, Brighton, West Sussex, they do:
Electrial and automotove engineering.

And what more it is located within a short distance of the Southdowns, and the many routes that offers, and Brighton is a party city:-)

redddraggon

Blondie
I'd go to Manchester

montage

God Almighty
Ticktockmy said:
Try Sussex uni, at Falmer, Brighton, West Sussex, they do:
Electrial and automotove engineering.

And what more it is located within a short distance of the Southdowns, and the many routes that offers, and Brighton is a party city:-)

southdowns is ok, but I doubt it is anything on the lakes or the peaks.

Butser hill ;) (hurts more running, cycling it isn't so bad)

iLB

Hello there
Will1985 said:
P.S. ILB, get yourself a track bike in preparation for November's track champs. They are going to be awesome. Yesterday was brilliant until the rain came near the end. Bit of Birmingham and Cambridge domination of the medals.

hmmm, maybe for individual events, can't hack bunch riding on the track lol...

we have a swiss guy joining our cycling club in september, his alpine training should help us in the hill climb champs :becool:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
ColinJ said:
Blimey, are they still using Stroud? I think he was a lecturer at the old Lanchester Polytechnic in Coventry and his book was being used there when I was learning how to drop out of an Electronic Engineering degree back in the mid-70s!

Talking of such things used by engineers V.I. Arnold died earlier in the month! Things last such a long time!

ColinJ said:
As soon as we started on the heavy stuff, my fellow students were shouting out "What's a complex number?" or "What's calculus?" In the end the lecturer gave up on what he was supposed to be teaching to back up what we were doing in our engineering mathematics lectures.

That's about the most disturbing thing you could ever hear.

Bokonon

Über Member
Don't do electronic/electrical at Birmingham. Do read Stroud (which I only found out about after leaving university :becool:.) Don't dismiss 'new' universities if you are not highly academically gifted.

XmisterIS said:
University of Birmingham - really big campus, loads to do there.

Good place to be. I worked there for a bit and Mrs Donkey spent nine years there with masters and PhD. Selly Oak's not great but not many student areas are. Close to bham city centre too. Struck me as the kind of place I'd liked to have studied at rather than Salford.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Ghost Donkey said:
Good place to be. I worked there for a bit and Mrs Donkey spent nine years there with mastersand PhD. Selly Oaks not great but not meany student areas are. Close to bham city centre too. Struck me as the kind of place I'd liked to have studied at rather than Salford.

Don't forget Aston University. I spent many happy weekends boozing there with my pal in the Sack of Potatoes.

wafflycat

Ghost Donkey said:
Good place to be. I worked there for a bit and Mrs Donkey spent nine years there with masters and PhD. Selly Oak's not great but not many student areas are. Close to bham city centre too. Struck me as the kind of place I'd liked to have studied at rather than Salford.

Yet when WCMnr was looking at unis, and he got an offer of a place at Brum,went there on an open day and he really didn't like the place at all.

Top Bottom