Unipart Innsbrook & Falcon 1986

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattb80

Hi everyone! Just a quick line to say hello and ask for a bit of help if anyone knows any information on a bike I've just purchased. It's a 'Unipart Innsbruck' ?! Never heard of one but looks great and was relatively cheap, I've just bought a 1986 Falcon too to get started and a few miles under my belt.
Cheers guys

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    610 KB · Views: 48

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Looks nice. Can we see the other side? I think that's a compact chainset, which with the long cage derailleur makes me think that perhaps the drive train has been upgraded relatively recently. Which is good :smile: IMO

Usual disclaimer: I am an idiot and could be wrong.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Looks nice. Can we see the other side? I think that's a compact chainset, which with the long cage derailleur makes me think that perhaps the drive train has been upgraded relatively recently. Which is good :smile: IMO

Looks much more like a triple to me. :whistle:
Nice. :becool:

OP
OP
Mattb80

Mattb80

Hi that's good if it has been upgraded it's been stood a while according to guy I bought it from. He didn't know anything about it, it seems very light compared to my Falcon ? Here's a pic of other side- thanks for your help

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    621 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
Mattb80

Mattb80

It also has solid tyres on it ? Never seen anything like them - 'Green Marathon' 700c x 35 ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
Mattb80

Mattb80

Says 'shimano tourney' on rear and front derailleur, I don't know if this helps to identify it or perhaps put an age to the bike ?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I'd agree with the above comments that the bike has had a later drivetrain put on it. My thoughts are late 70s or early 80s for the bike with the replacement bits possibly in the early 2000s.

Tourney is Shimano's entry level componentry so is nothing special but should work okay if cleaned up and if not too worn. It could be upgraded but will need an inexpensive rear derailleur hanger like this one: LINK to fit your style of frame.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Looks much more like a triple to me. :whistle:
Nice. :becool:
Oh yes so it is. But remember I am an idiot. It was the long cage derailleur that looked un-80s to me.

OP
OP
Mattb80

Mattb80

Brilliant cheers for all your Imput guys, glad I asked now ! Ha. I might update the drivetrain and wheels as suggested, will make a reliable steed with a bit of luck. Getting the bug now for these older machines ! Just purchased another a Peugeot Bretane ? Looks quite smart and needed rescuing ! Not sure my missus sees it that way but nevermind. ;)

Top Bottom