University of Leeds Product Design

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James Phillips

Dear All,

I am a third year Product Design student at the University of Leeds, and am currently conducting a project relating to anti-theft systems for bicycles. The project will result in the design and prototyping of an innovative new anti-theft product.

The project is currently at the research stage, and as part of this it is desirable that I talk to cyclists about experiences of cycle theft and opinions and experiences of current anti-theft products, along with any opinions they may have about what aspects of these products should be improved in future.

This research will take the form of a short (5 minute) online questionnaire, and will be completely anonymous.

Responses from as many cyclists as possible would be extremely beneficial to the design process and greatly influence future design decisions, so I will be extremely grateful for all responses I receive.

The survey is available, through SurveyMonkey, via this link:

www.surveymonkey.com/s/DACTUR

The questionnaire gives the option of being contacted at a later stage to give feedback and opinions on design concepts that result from this research, so if you are happy to do this, simply enter your email address in the appropriate box!

I have attached a PDF giving more detailed information on the research, if you wish to know more.

Thank you for your support.

James Phillips

Attachments

• Information Sheet CYCLE GROUPS.pdf
    77.8 KB · Views: 86

mark barker

Done :thumbsup:

Good luck with the project

OP
OP
J

James Phillips

Just a quick thanks to everyone who has filled it out so far- 60 responses in 48 hours is pretty good as far as I'm concerned! Some brilliant responses on the more open questions too.

Cunobelin- just had a look at that WASP protection system- another interesting concept!

Thanks again!

James

Bokonon

Über Member
I've responded but not given my email address. Please post back here when you have ideas/designs!

Leeds University and Leeds Met in conjunction with West Yorks Plod have undertaken some interesting anti-bike theft initiatives in the last few years. It may be worth contacting the head of security at Leeds University for some input.

Also, check out the resources linked from http://www.leeds.ac.uk/velocampus/ if you have not done so already.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
done

Top Bottom