Unknown Vintage CX frame.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan's Owd Man

Hello All.
Picked this frame up at the weekend,previous owner had no info about the frame.
It has early style Nervex Pro Lugs,and Huret droputs.
It has no holes drilled in the rear fork bridge or the front forks for mudguards(not used on CX Frames).
No mudguard eyes on the rear dropouts or the front forks.
Seat tube diameter OD =28.15mm
ID = 26.4mm
It has swaged chainstays on the inside for extra tyre clearance.
Rear brake cable run on top of top tube with a nice little loop to steady the front part of the rear brake outer.
No sign of any decals or head tube badge fitment.

Anyone got any idea's ?

s-l1600.jpg
Nervex lugs.jpg
Early style Nervex Pro lugs.jpg
Forks.jpg
Herut Dropouts no mudgard eyes.jpg

This is a picture of how the previous owner had it built up.

Complete bike.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice. :becool:

That's noice:becool:,suppose the only way you'll find out is if you can find a serial no somewhere?

That would look ossum with an apropriate carbon fork and a 1x10/11(providing it'll take the hub) drivetrain,some good cantis and some nice 30c tyres on wide rims.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I thought that too but the lack of mudguard/rack eyelets ruled that out for me.
hadnt noticed that

OP
OP
D

Dan's Owd Man

Hello All and thanks for the thoughts so far.
Ref. the front forks,i believe they are the original ones as they have Huret drop outs the same as the rear.
I am thinking if it was a tourer it would have had the bridge on the rear frame drilled and front fork crown drilled for the guards to be fitted to,also no mudguard eyes on the rear and front forks.
I am not to worried about finding the original maker as i only have the frame and forks so it will be built with an assortment of parts from from different decades.
The aim is to make it into a Rough Stuff/Bridleway hack.
Elybazza 61 i like the idea of wider rims and 33 CX tyres thats what i thought would suit.
The frame does have very clear frame numbers, on the under side of the bottom bracket on the drive side are the following.
Then on the non drive side of the bottom bracket 15200

I believe that the tube set is possibly french size,bottom bracket is imperial .
Steerer is 1" threaded headset ISO 26.4mm crown race.

The first build is nearly ready for a test ride,this is just to see if the frame and fork set up suits me,the frame is smaller than i use at the moment which i hope will suit me as i have long legs /short torso.this makes me reach to drop bars on 23" frame. This has seat tube 21.5" C to T/ and top tube 22" C to C.

Pictures to follow when i am happy with finish.

OP
OP
D

Dan's Owd Man

Just an update ref the frame numbers.
The 55 is the seat tube length.
The 565 is 56.5cm for the top tube.
The 15200 would be the frame number.
So does anyone know of any builders that use this on the bottom bracket?

Top Bottom