Unwatch lots of items at once?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
The default setting for the Watched Threads appears to be 'anything I ever posted in'. :ohmy:

This means lots of Alerts, which is not quite how I want my Alerts to work.

It appears that I need to go to each thread in turn and 'Unwatch' it - but I'm sure there is a collective 'Unwatch All' box to tick.

Where will I find it, please ?

Shaun

Founder
Go to your watched threads - user drop-down, Watched Threads (or click here: http://www.cyclechat.net/watched/threads)

Scroll to the bottom and click on Show All Watched Threads - which should re-load the list and offer a tickbox next to each one.

Go down the list and tick the ones you want to unwatch, then select Stop watching threads and hit the Go button!! :smile:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Shaun, piggy backing on this, I like the facility that auto watches a thread when you post in it. I also like the fact that a thread I've posted in has my avatar overlaid on it. But I also like being able to unwatch a thread yet doing so doesn't remove the avatar overlay from the listings. Is it possible to do so? if I've unwatched a thread it can be irksome to keep having attention drawn back to it via presence of the overlay avatar.

Shaun

Founder
No, not with the current implementation - once you've posted in a thread the mini-me avatar stays there so there is a visual indicator that you've participated.

If that changes in the future or someone comes up with an add-on to change that behaviour, I'll let you know. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom