Up hill or Down hill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
What an excellent thread. It's always tricky to catch the steepness of hills in photos. I'm going to have a quick look at some of mine and see if any can be misinterpreted for direction of hill.

Anyway, I'd say that this is uphill towards the trees.

sight-pin

Veteran
To see that amount of road on display it has to be rising, (up hill).

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
[QUOTE 4615927, member: 9609"]It is up hill and very steeply uphill, the last mile to the top (which is pretty much what we are looking at) rises 300 foot. It does actually look steep in real life so presumably it was a strange camera angle - here it is in streetview.
It isn't a wonderful road to descend either, there is always sheep wandering about on it, and they can be very unpredictable which way they will move.

I think the tour de Britain went up this hill, I had intended going to watch them here but never got round to it.[/QUOTE]
Well your pic fooled me.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think it is a fascinating phenomenom!

I found a stretch of road near Dolgellau which completely fooled me when I was riding it. I was on holiday with my girlfriend and we had hired bikes for the day. We saw a climb ahead of us and I thought my non-cyclist girlfriend would struggle going up it buti n fact we ended up doing well over 20 mph. It was clearly actually a descent but it certainly did not look like one.

Top Bottom