upgrades.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lpretro1

It's only a cheap bike so yes the equipment will be cheap - likely to cost you as much again to 'upgrade - might have been better to buy better quality in first plac - no offence intended. The folding mechanism looks a bit dubious imo

It's only a cheap bike so yes the equipment will be cheap - likely to cost you as much again to 'upgrade - might have been better to buy better quality in first plac - no offence intended. The folding mechanism looks a bit dubious imo
Theres not much choice in folding mountain bikes,i needed it to fold and it was cheap.I was thinking of changing the gears and brakes for shimano ones,just wondered if they will fit.

It's probably do-able, v-brakes, I don't know what they cost, and suitable derailleurs.. you're probably talking about £50:00, at least, then you have to make sure the derailleur will be compatible with the gear shifters and freewheel, probably new cables will push the price up even more. If the gears work all right and the current brakes stop you when you need them I wouldn't worry about it, cheap-looking or not; as long as they work I'd put up with them.

Drago

Legendary Member
Sell the lot, save the money you would have spend replacing parts, and but the Montague you should have bought in the first place.

You can't polish a turd, as they say.

tyred

Legendary Member
Mountain bikes get bought, seldom used and then dumped all the time and many have basic Shimano components. Keep an eye out at skips, car boot sales, church jumble sales, charity shops, whatever and then rob the components.

Sell the lot, save the money you would have spend replacing parts, and but the Montague you should have bought in the first place.

You can't polish a turd, as they say.
Bought a better bike today,came across a DBS Logic touring bike.It came with rechargable lightes,2 quality locks,pump,gel seat cover,tool bag,and a rear rack.A nice condition bike at a good price.I will give the challenger away to someone who needs it.

Top Bottom