Urgent Need - quiet inflatable camp mat like exped synmat ul

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Off next Friday and I need a better mat. I don't have time to read around and get it so I'm hoping someone on here has a ready made solution for me. I'm still going to try and read up but I'm hoping for a filter of options to save time. Any help will be much appreciated.

My requirements are:
Insulated as it'll be used at least early spring through late autumn.
Thick to take out lumps and bumps from from the ground and me. I'm almost 50 and my back is in pain from thermoset type mats, even the very thick alpkit dozer.
Quiet! My old synmat 7 ULs were real crisp packet noisy but very durable. Shared tent with 2others. One gets very cranky without sleep!
I need a longer one if possible as I'm 196cm tall. Pillows from clothes can add a bit of length off the top but not much.
Light and packable. Needs to fit in bike luggage and probably in rucksack for backpacking at some stage.

No budget defined just what I need at the price it comes at.

I hope someone can point me to somewhere good to save time. 2 weeks of bad back doesn't seem a good holiday to me! :sad:

RobinS

Veteran
Nemo Tensor Insulated. Comfortable (I have a long history of back pain), lightweight, packs very small, and is quiet (I quickly ruled out the rattly models on the market!), and mine is still going strong after 195 nights use. Not sure about length though, I am 182cm and it's plenty for me.

Ultalightoutdoorgear.co.uk sell them along with loads of other choices - always gave service when I needed them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Nemo Tensor Insulated. Comfortable (I have a long history of back pain), lightweight, packs very small, and is quiet (I quickly ruled out the rattly models on the market!), and mine is still going strong after 195 nights use. Not sure about length though, I am 182cm and it's plenty for me.

Ultalightoutdoorgear.co.uk sell them along with loads of other choices - always gave service when I needed them.

Thanks, I like UOG and even if I don't buy from them I value what they say about items. Obviously never going to be negative about things they sell to make money, but I think they're fairly honest about what their products are about.

Tensor from nemo look good. They started the inflatable tents sector aiui then moved into other areas. They'll know a bit about bags of air. Long is £220 though!

Top Bottom