user interface niggles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenM

Veteran
All this applies to the Splat theme (may in others but I use splat)

Can you move the add reply(post net topic)/Preview Post/ cancel buttons/link so that they are directly under the topic pane so they are before the Attachments section? even on my 22" LCD at work I have to scroll to see them after typing in reams of erudite prose!

Oh and the cancel link should be a button like the other two.

Also the tool bars in the text editor waste space - small icons and all the buttons on one line would be good - currently most real estate in of each of the three tool bars is white space and one of them only has the twitter button on it!

In the attachments section the attach this file button could be usefully moved alongside the browse/clear selection one to save scrollage required to reach the add/preview/cancel stuff if you aren't going to move them :smile:

Shaun

Founder
Ben,

Thanks for your feedback.

Splat (and the other non-CycleChat skins) are offered as unsupported alternatives to the current CycleChat skin.

Unfortunately I don't have the resources to manage modifications to multiple skins so I will not be offering to change them in any way, other than to update them when the makers release new updates.

I do plan to modify the main CycleChat skin over the coming months to improve it and make it work more efficiently, but at the moment I'm spending most of my time bug fixing and helping people out with the new features, etc.

Sorry to disappoint ... :blush:

If these crop up in the main theme though, I'll have a look at them when I get around to changing it.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom