V12 Finance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
bit of a mini moan, so apologies

I cant understand finance companies and their decision making when someone with an almost perfect credit rating gets refused for 12 months interest free credit. I've had credit in the passed, quite a bit but always paid off and under control. would they have rejected it if I have opted for the 15.9% credit? maybe

I'm a member of experian and have a score of 975 with no defaults or issues, my available credit versus limited is only 21% so they dont come much better.

Never Mind, I'll use one of my credit cards and within a week switch it to another which is offering 14 month interest free.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Aren't Experian the ones who charge £100 a year? That's a lot if they've done nothing for you- can you get your money back?

U

User6179

bit of a mini moan, so apologies

I cant understand finance companies and their decision making when someone with an almost perfect credit rating gets refused for 12 months interest free credit. I've had credit in the passed, quite a bit but always paid off and under control. would they have rejected it if I have opted for the 15.9% credit? maybe

I'm a member of experian and have a score of 975 with no defaults or issues, my available credit versus limited is only 21% so they dont come much better.

Never Mind, I'll use one of my credit cards and within a week switch it to another which is offering 14 month interest free.

Maybe they want customers who don't pay on time so they can lump on the interest !?

Archie_tect

Kev, could that be why your interest free credit check failed... is it worth speaking to your Citizen's Advice Bureau office to see if they can check where the problem is [if they can do that sort of thing?]

[Lend us a fiver til Monday Rocky.]

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've just cancelled. I signed up for a 30day trial which I let run over as there was a discrepancy on my file.
That may be it , Experian may have given you a 'black mark' cos you're not paying em.
Kev, could that be why your interest free credit check failed... is it worth speaking to your Citizen's Advice Bureau office to see if they can check where the problem is [if they can do that sort of thing?]

[Lend us a fiver til Monday Rocky.]
Bit like Norton does if you stop paying them after the 'free' period on anti-virus.

OP
OP
Kevoffthetee

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
That may be it , Experian may have given you a 'black mark' cos you're not paying em.

Bit like Norton does if you stop paying them after the 'free' period on anti-virus.

I was rejected before cancelling my experian account. I explained to experian that it wasnt any good to me just having a very good score if I was rejected so the report was meaningless.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Yeah but, if V12 reference other agencies and their "system" will differ meaning GREAT with one is MEH with the other.

Archie_tect

Balance transfers usually have a one-off transfer fee, Barclaycard's is 3.5%... might be cheaper to agree a short term overdraft on your personal bank account?

vickster

Legendary Member
Or get a 0% interest CC if available still (Tesco and Barclaycard usually offer)

I wasn't being serious about those crooks Wonga!

Top Bottom