Value of Vintage Road Bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
Have a friend who maybe wants to sell her Vintage Peugeot Cologne (german spec, bought in Germany) circa early 90's.
It's a small frame (48cm) bike, though not woman specific...i.e. normal crossbar
High end for it's day....Reynolds 531 tubing...full Shimano 105 groupset.......downtube shifters......14 speed...slide on cassette....39/52 crankset.
Pretty good condition overall though not immaculate.....some chips/rubbing to the paintwork.

Is there a website that can put a value on this bike? or, if she decides to sell, is it chuck it on ebay and hope for the best?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.

raindog

er.....
I'm intrigued by that Bianchi going for one and a half grand. The fork isn't original and the Tour de France transfer isn't on straight.

I'd guess anywhere between about £40 and £120. You can check completed listings on eBay as well as current listings,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/csc/i.html?rt...eugeot road bike&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

If she does eBay it tell her don't be afraid to offer postage, (wider audience for it then). Your LBS will give you a bike box, and charge P&P at £30. It will not cost you more, and should in fact be between £20 and £25.

She might get lucky with the time of year and get bit more for the bike, but they aren't worth a huge amount IME. The last full 80's Peugeot I bought was 100% functional, 100% original and 100% complete, it cost me £70. Most of them seem to be getting bought and converted to fixed, so a lot of buyers aren't bothered about functioning gears and frame condition, as they get broken down, stripped and re-painted in lots of cases.

Good luck what ever she decides :thumbsup:

Stick it on ebay - it helps if you have 531 tubing full frame and forks.

see

Reynolds-transfers.jpg

The 105 groupset won't really sell for much

OP
OP
davester65

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
thanks for that guys. Think she might end up keeping it if there's no resale value in it, it's still a nice bike and she still cycles.

Top Bottom