van nik amazon in glasgow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dawesboz

hi.
wondered if any one in glasgow rides an amazon i could see / touch :biggrin: before i part with my dosh ?
db.

JackE

Über Member
Van Nick

Some time ago on: www.ctc.org.uk/forums I began a thread called "Upgrading to a Van Nicholas Amazon". I had some very interesting replies including one from Aberdeen (I think). In the absense of replies from Glasgow you might try a search and then contact this guy by PM, you never know he may be in your area sometimes.
The Amazon is a superb bike, the best I've owned in over 30 years of commuting/touring. If you are not a CTC member let me know and, perhaps, I can be a go-between. He was very positive about his one

db

Give BigAl at Wheelcraft down at Clachan of Campsie a buzz. He builds up a few VNs a year and might have one in for you to look at.

Loving mine btw.

Geraldom

DB

you may already have moved on this but I've got a 56" Yukon built
for me by Big Al which you can have a wee spin on. Big Al's a top
man and if he's got something in he'll let you peruse it no probs
G

Definitely try Big Al (bus every 15 minutes from Buchanan bus station to his front door at Clachan of Campsie).
I bought an Airborne Valkyrie from Big Al several years ago (before they changed the stickers to read VN) and went I went to pick it up there were two others sitting outside, belonging to old-timers on a day ride from Glasgow. In other words, he sells a lot of these bikes.

And if I recall correctly Big Al's was listed by C+ as one of the top ten coffee shops in britain, which is quite an achievement for a bike shop that doesn't sell coffee!
(it's always on the go though - and his customer service is unique, but in a good way)

I'm in Stirling if you want to have a shot on my bike (I also own a Airborne Lancaster mtb) - they are lovely and you won't regret buying one.

Top Bottom