Vanish Powerfoam as a chain degreaser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Now don't laugh ....... Was reading about foaming chain degreasers and owing to lack of money and a dirty chain, I looked at the cupboard under the sink and sure enough there was the vanish. I've put it on the chain and cassette, it's gleaming !! Gave it a very quick spray of WD40, lubed the chain up, I must say, it's looking mighty fine. Now the big question, should I be scared about any damage done to my Cube CF beauty ?

grumpyoldgit

Über Member
A clean chain with detergent on will last longer than a dirty chain with grit on.

Garz

Squat Member
Was reading about foaming chain degreasers and owing to lack of money and a dirty chain, I looked at the cupboard under the sink and sure enough there was the vanish. I've put it on the chain and cassette, it's gleaming !!

Next time can you photograph a before and after shot to show the rest of us folk who cant afford Vanish?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Verily, I say unto thee...
Mickle method. It's all you need to know about chains. Degreasers strip the lube out from inside the rollers, and it's the Devils own job getting the cleaner out before you get the lube back in, especially if there's WD40 diluting the lube as it goes on.
Wipe lube wipe lube wipe wipe ride wipe. Simplicity itself.

wakou

Über Member
I am fine with the Vanish.......... But WD40????? Why?

Top Bottom