varicose veins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

I seem to have varicose veins in my arms but only when i'm standing up. They're fine when i'm sat down. has anyone else had this, is it anything to worry about? could it be a symptom of wrong (too high/too low) blood pressure?

*sits back and waits*

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pics........

Bet they aren't as good as Yatesey's

311237041_9c92bdb020_o.jpg

CyclingSAM

Its usually a good sign i get all the time, a lot more when im come out of a hot bath, i was told that its a good sign of the blood running through the body.

Blonde

Varicose veins are just what happens when blood gets trapped in the vein because you have a "leaky valve" which lets the blood in too quickly - more quickly than it can flow out. I have 'em in my legs and torso and they can be quite painful. Mine are nowt to do with high blood pressure as such (in fact I have slightly low blood pressure) although of course when the heart is pumping quickly, the blood flow also speeds up, so the veins appear more pronounced and can be more painful after long, intense or hilly/mountainous rides.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I started developing them in my legs when I spent 5 years standing up for 50 hours a week in my old factory job. They haven't got any worse, but that is probably because I've spent most of the last 25 years or so sitting down (at computers, on bikes, watching TV, reading...)

Top Bottom