Vegetarian Christmas lunch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m still eating beasts of the deep but only 2-3 times a week

In that case, what about some Coquilles St Jacques (scallops)? :hungry:

That aside, there are usually loads of nice fish and seafood options available at this time of year - check the party platter type things as well. Things like tempura tiger prawns, or large vol-au-vents filled with smoked haddock & leeks in a cheese sauce.

I should add that it's always fish here on Xmas Eve - since Dad died mum and I don't do the full-on Polish "Wigilia" anymore, but we always have a small spread of fish & vegetarian things.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
In that case, what about some Coquilles St Jacques (scallops)? :hungry:

That aside, there are usually loads of nice fish and seafood options available at this time of year - check the party platter type things as well. Things like tempura tiger prawns, or large vol-au-vents filled with smoked haddock & leeks in a cheese sauce.
Umm not those beasts of the sea don’t like the taste or texture
The issue with fishy things is how well they go with roast dinner trimmings
But yes I’m sorted for canapes
This looked nice in Sainsburys

Attachments

• EF8FB10C-CCE6-41AD-8C18-000CE8654461.jpeg
    EF8FB10C-CCE6-41AD-8C18-000CE8654461.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 5
Umm not those beasts of the sea don’t like the taste or texture
The issue with fishy things is how well they go with roast dinner trimmings
But yes I’m sorted for canapes
This looked nice in Sainsburys

In that case, might I suggest either hake or basa topped with a crust of parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley and sage?

Easy to do and oven time is relatively minimal.

All uphill

Still rolling along
When our whole family were veggie I used to do a fancy pants three layer nut roast.. One part cashews and mushroom, one part chestnut and tomato, and the third spinach and walnut.. All with onions, herbs etc in each layer too..

Might be a bit of a fiddle for one person.. Although if you made it bigger, the others could try some too..

Can be made well in advance, and then reheated (even microwaved) on the day..

Substitute the mushrooms with something else you do like, such as grated carrot.

Of course simplest is to buy a ready made thingy from a shop.. But they're often a bit on the bland and boring side :blink:

Wow! That sounds good!

Top Bottom