Veho Muvi - Corrupt AVI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Armegatron

Hi all,
Ive just got back from a ride, and Im moving the data off my Veho Muvi. Usually I get 4 chunks of 30mins (at about 700MB per chunk) before the card is full (2GB) but this time I noticed only 2 chunks. The first was 1.12GB and the second about 700MB. The first chunk plays ok but the second is saying corrupt in media player, and in VLC it just crashes.

It may have been the cold, or it could be Im using the card that came with it.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks,
Mike

Bman

Guru
I have had some files come out at around 1gb too. When they are all usually 700mb.

Ive never had a corrupt file though.

Did it miss part of your ride?
Have you tried opening the corrupt file in VirualDub? (I find this can open corrupted files sometimes)

If it keeps happening, try reformatting the card.

OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

Yeah, missed out the best part (nice looking woman :biggrin:)!

VirtDub isnt picking it up either, saying "Incorrect Function".

Other thing left to try is a different computer first then Ill try reformatting as it wont even let me copy the file from the cam.

OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

Panic over, I got the EEE out and it works fine on there :biggrin:.

If its going to only record 2 x 30mins then methinks I need a 4GB card. Previously I was able to get 2 hours which is roughly as much as the battery will let it do anyway, so a 2GB was fine.

thomas

the tank engine
mike.pembo said:
Hi all,
Ive just got back from a ride, and Im moving the data off my Veho Muvi. Usually I get 4 chunks of 30mins (at about 700MB per chunk) before the card is full (2GB) but this time I noticed only 2 chunks. The first was 1.12GB and the second about 700MB. The first chunk plays ok but the second is saying corrupt in media player, and in VLC it just crashes.

It may have been the cold, or it could be Im using the card that came with it.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks,
Mike

The card that comes with it is crap....but as a completely guess, I'd say that the cold could effect the camera. It will certainly drain the battery quicker.

Top Bottom