Velothon Wales 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Date has been announced as Sunday 8 July.

It's under new management "Run 4 Wales, the events team behind the Cardiff Half Marathon" will be operating it on behalf of Ironman who own the brand.

There will be "a pair of brand-new shorter routes" and they'll be posting out event details (I avoided saying "race pack". Oh rats. I've said it) to avoid all the arsing around signing on and picking up your race pack (damn, said it again).

Early bird entry is £65. Which presumably means that late bird entry is more than £65.

http://www.velothon.com/events/velo...revamped-velothon-wales-returns-for-2018.aspx

Last edited:
Reactions: mjr

S-Express

I stopped reading at 'race pack'. Could so easily have been 'event pack'....

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Well this thread is busy!

Looking forward to it now, got to Cardiff apartment and trying (failing) to keep cool with some alcohol free bud.

Had a weather warning for tomorrow so it may be even hotter. I hate hot weather cycling.

Also been watching this sport called football. Apparently England are doing quite well.

E71F5288-00A9-4F18-B6E2-66F10715B31C.jpeg

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Found another one of me using the search function....

upload_2018-7-11_11-15-52.png

I think this is cresting the summit at The Tumble?

While I was looking I also found another shot of you @Nomadski so I have added it to your photo file.

upload_2018-7-11_11-22-21.png

Kernow Cyclista

I did velothon Sunday too. The heat was hideous. (hubbys Garmin registered 33 deg going up the tumble and that was early on, I reached it about midday.) I was feeling pretty poorly in the heat and walked most of the way up tumble and Caerphilly, getting slower and slower over the route, just about beat the broom wagon in. I'm 64 and not that fast a rider. The only photo of me that showed a smile on my face was the finish (yes I have a walking one too) lol. But after two days of dark mutterings of ' never again' I've registered for early bird notification next year. Maybe I'll do the 120k though, time to enjoy my cycling again.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Cracking day, first time I have done it.
It was a tad warm, Garmin was showing 28/29°c going up the Tumble.
I saw a couple of riders just flake out near the too and get off their bikes and lie down.
Managed the climb in 25 minutes, think the quickest was 16 minutes.
Happy with a time of 4hrs 43mins. I reckon I lost 4 minutes to a comfort break and stopping for water at the top of the Tumble. Couldnt have completed without extra water.
Well organised and cracking ride with great views in the nation park area.

Top Bottom