versatile D-lock mounts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ontodva

I need to get a sold secure gold lock for insurance and am looking at Kryptonite Kryptolok Standard with Transit FlexFrame-U mount. The mount has a strap you should cut to length after fixing on the tube. Does this mean you can't move the mount elsewhere on the frame or to another bike after fixing it once?
Also does the lock rattle much mounted on the top tube or the seat tube?

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
I need to get a sold secure gold lock for insurance and am looking at Kryptonite Kryptolok Standard with Transit FlexFrame-U mount. The mount has a strap you should cut to length after fixing on the tube. Does this mean you can't move the mount elsewhere on the frame or to another bike after fixing it once?
Also does the lock rattle much mounted on the top tube or the seat stay?

In theory yes shortening the strap may limit the ability to move the lock to another bike, however I solved this years ago by making a loop around the strap with some electrical tape similar to that found on a watch. It worked really well.

Lina Roth

In general, once you cut the strap to the appropriate length, it may be more difficult to move the mount to another location on the frame or to another bike. However, if you need to transfer the lock to a different bike, you could potentially remove the mount from the first bike and use a new strap to attach it to the second bike. It may also be possible to attach the mount to a different location on the frame, but this could depend on the specific design of the mount and your bike.

As for the rattling, some users have reported that the Kryptonite Kryptolok Standard lock can produce some noise when mounted on the top tube or the seat stay. However, the Transit FlexFrame-U mount is designed to keep the lock securely in place and minimize any movement or noise. In general, the noise level could depend on a variety of factors, such as the specific bike frame, the terrain, and the way the lock is positioned.

Top Bottom