Very rare Humber Clipper!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shadaboot27

I have just made a new addition to the collection! A 1955 Humber Clipper! The sister bike to the Raleigh Lenton and Rudge Pathfinder, so now I have all 3! The Clipper is by far the rarest one and this is the only I have ever seen for sale after searching eBay for years. Some of the parts are not original but I will be putting all the correct parts back on it. The paint, decals and mudguards are all in great condition too which is a bonus!

Attachments

• $_57 (1).JPG
    $_57 (1).JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 299
  • $_57 (2).JPG
    $_57 (2).JPG
    222.9 KB · Views: 272
  • $_57 (3).JPG
    $_57 (3).JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 254
  • $_57 (4).JPG
    $_57 (4).JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 260
  • $_57 (5).JPG
    $_57 (5).JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 279
  • $_57 (6).JPG
    $_57 (6).JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 257
  • $_57 (7).JPG
    $_57 (7).JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 237
  • $_57 (8).JPG
    $_57 (8).JPG
    117 KB · Views: 240
  • $_57 (9).JPG
    $_57 (9).JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 237
  • $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 257

scarygerbil

nice bike but those mudguards need ajusting

Daddybus

Über Member
@shadaboot27 I knew you'd be watching that one I was watching it myself I hoped no one had noticed it & I'd get it cheap... ! It was never going happen lol ..looks fantastic doesn't look like you've got much to do to it. Question is, is it too small for you? :smile: I'll give you 50quid ha...

OP
OP
shadaboot27

shadaboot27

@shadaboot27 I knew you'd be watching that one I was watching it myself I hoped no one had noticed it & I'd get it cheap... ! It was never going happen lol ..looks fantastic doesn't look like you've got much to do to it. Question is, is it too small for you? :smile: I'll give you 50quid ha...

Yep it's too small for me! :sad: And I paid way more for it than I wanted to but i doubt I'll ever find a better one so it had to be done!

Daddybus

Über Member
How are the hen's teeth tyres?

Dan9600

We have one of these! No wheels or mudguards though unfortunately. Any idea what the going rate is? Bit late to the party here but any info would be much appreciated.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
We have one of these! No wheels or mudguards though unfortunately. Any idea what the going rate is? Bit late to the party here but any info would be much appreciated.

Old steel bikes, unless of the exotic Italian racing variety, generally do not tend to fetch very good money in the current market - so don't assume that because what you have is rare/unusual that it is necessarily worth very much. A lot comes down to condition, as a professional frame restoration will cost more than most complete bikes are worth. At two extremes of the spectrum, I recently bought a mid-80's 531 framed Raleigh for £30, because it had a few scuff marks and needed a new saddle - and at the other extreme a similar vintage but very striking looking Tommasini racer went for £870 on the 'Bay.. The price range of vintage steel bikes is absolutely huge.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not so long ago I was given a complete 531 Claud Butler, requiring only new tyres and cables to become a tidy runner.

As per Skidiver John's advice above, vintage steel is rarely worth a lot unless it's exotica.

Top Bottom