Video editing? Blanking out plates/details?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Does anyone know how to do this with video editing software? I'm thinking along the lines of the news channels when they blank out celebrities car plates, etc, or children's/people's faces.

I have just bought Corel video studio pro X2 and intend to use that.

Cheers if you can help!

Magnatom did it in You tube with his 'Too Scared for the Roads!' vid.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
thomas said:
Why do you want to blur numberplates btw? Could just encode the video a bit lower...then when youtube encodes it a bit lower still you won't be able to read them :smile:

Sometimes people do funny things and I think its not polite to always leave the plates up. Or if the vehicle has been sold people might assume its the same driver.

Mind you encoding lower would work but it would ruin the viewing nature.

I also want to super impose some stuff on screen as it would be funny. ;)

How are you finding Corel video studio pro X2? Much better than Windows??
I need a program for blanking out expletives. :rolleyes:
Actually what is a good editing program for not losing so much of the quality, like WMM does? Nothing free?

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
semislickstick said:
How are you finding Corel video studio pro X2? Much better than Windows??
I need a program for blanking out expletives. :smile:
Actually what is a good editing program for not losing so much of the quality, like WMM does? Nothing free?

Corel basically lets you do about the same as WMM. Slightly more features like exporting to mobile format and some other animated features like the paint thingy. (Think of drawing an arrow on a T2F map)

I never found any quality issues with WMM tbh. Are you encoding to a high enough file? The vista version encodes to "dvd quality" files.

I don't like the quality loss on WMM either. Basic edits like crossfades pixelate badly.

I like the look of the footage though. if they can put something like that into the body of an ATC5k or similar I'd buy it if the price was right.

thomas

the tank engine
downfader said:
I never found any quality issues with WMM tbh. Are you encoding to a high enough file? The vista version encodes to "dvd quality" files.

You've just got to make sure you choose the highest setting...the default one is pants!

Jim_Noir

LOL that video is class, and yeah I'd have left the idoits face on it.

To blank plates etc is dead easy, can be take a lot of time if it's a long shot, but I assume with a car it'll only be a few frames. I use Adobes stuff and it's top noth, expensive. The other bit of software I use for quick editing is Pinnacle Stuido, lets you do some nice things, and with a blur/blank a plate all you have to do is draw on each frame.

Jim_Noir said:
LOL that video is class, and yeah I'd have left the idoits face on it.

To blank plates etc is dead easy, can be take a lot of time if it's a long shot, but I assume with a car it'll only be a few frames. I use Adobes stuff and it's top noth, expensive. The other bit of software I use for quick editing is Pinnacle Stuido, lets you do some nice things, and with a blur/blank a plate all you have to do is draw on each frame.

Can you do it in Adobe première standard? And how???:biggrin:

Jim_Noir

Does standard have a masking tool? I asume it has. Simple way is to mask the area, motion track it on each frame then apply a blur filter. Sent you a PM.

Top Bottom