viking urban trail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brett sleger

Hi there iv been browsing ebay and similar looking for a new road bike. Iv come accross this urban trail with drop bars and combined shifter/brake levers. However everywhere iv searched has shown it is being a flat bar.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Item in question

http://r.ebay.com/rpr0xv

all other research shows as this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003H5TIIU

They dont have it listed as an urban trail but from the blurry photo i can make it out on the frame they have just changed the listing around as well a little

jim55

Guru
so what is your question?
it looks like it may have been designed as a flat bar with trigger shifters ,if the bike fits and the brifters work ok then i really cant see a prob,if thats the case the brifters are prob worth more than the complete bike

OP
OP
brett sleger

brett sleger

Brifters is that their name? Excellent haha. Well i wanted to check to see if it was realistic to expect it to be in a good working order really. The seller has advised that everything does work on it as well and since theyv had it its had the drop bars. It threw me off a bit when i couldnt see others of the same set up i think! Thanks jim55

Ebays blocked for me but if the description in Ebay doesn't match/ resemble others walk away would be my suggestion. Only going by my experience of Viking (I have a Road FX) good bike (I enjoy commuting on it) but weighty, so I wouldn't advise it as a starter bike if thats what you are looking for.

OP
OP
brett sleger

brett sleger

Triban 3 was where i was looking originally in all honesty the red version which i know is being discontinued was such good value for money with the carbon forks!

jim55

Guru
yeah triban 3 is a far better bike but as you were looking at the ebay bike i thought u were wanting cheap and cheerful ,if u can afford the triban thats the way to go

OP
OP
brett sleger

brett sleger

Well i cant afford the triban yet and i am looking for a replacement for my full suspension set up but im torn between flat or drops so i thought if i did get a fairly cheap racer with drops i can see how i get on and if i dont like it i havent spent £300

Top Bottom