Vintage Frame just got more Vintage !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
Hi, I have posted earlier that I bought a vintage frame , it had been ID 'd as a Hills Special 1948 , then after some email exchange , It more or less to became possibly maybe a Hill, the seller offered to take it back , but it has grown on me so decided to go ahead with revamp of this .
So off I went on Saturday to my first cycle jumble at Muswell Hill , I took the frame in so I could try parts on it , there were three Gents sat at one stall , they took some interest in my frame , thoroghly checked it over , though could not determine its origin, however , the elder of trio announced with some authority that the frame would have been manufactured around 1928 -32 !! got to say I was fairly gobsmacked !! That put it 20 years older ! , one of them asked me if it was for sale !
So there you go , glad I never took up on H Stones offer to take it back , so now I'll be trawling info about frame builders of that era , and wouldn't dare to alter its geometry , and will get it refinished in colours from the mid war years , I will be heading off to more jumbles I search of stuff I need ,

Top Bottom