Vintage Holdsworth.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Looks like white and red which was a popular colour combo back then a la Derek Cottington.
There seems to be cream on the forks and head-tube.
BTW-am colourblind...

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Looks like white and red which was a popular colour combo back then a la Derek Cottington.
Very similar to what Merckx rode when he was with Faema. It was quite well copied at the time.

Hanlon

If you check Holdsworth sales literature of the 1960s/70s you could pretty much order what paint and panels you liked. So this frame is entirely in keeping with that tradition, whether you like it or not - and I DO like it ^_^! My late father's early 70s Mistral for example had a very old fashioned white panel and black panel on the seat tube, more reminiscent of pre war frames. I've had it restored exactly as it was because he liked it = and for the sake of originality. BTW the Professional was not unique in having wrap over seat stays - the Mistral had them too ^_^

adpi

Hi guys, I've got an old Holdsworth that I'm looking to sell and am trying to figure out what it's worth. Genuinely have no idea where to start. It was the old man's but he is no longer with us. Have an old Witcomb too if anyone has any idea about that.

OP
OP
PHL67

PHL67

Veteran
Update for the Holdsworth.
its Naked..........
Will be looking to redo chrome forks and chrome socks on rear quarters.
Then a plan for a nice colour combo instead of orange like all the others.
was thinking white but new colour got me.

Top Bottom